I make no secrets about the fact that I am an Amazon Prime Now fan. But when I sing it’s praises, I get often asked:”What exactly is Amazon Prime Now?”
Amazon Prime Now is a wonderful little invention where I get groceries delivered to my home in two hours or less – for free (well, for a tip – but more to that in a minute). I can choose from many standard groceries, like milk, eggs, veggies, to sweets, and vegan breads and we even used it to get a new waffle maker and a board game before. I mostly use it for those items that are cheaper on Amazon than at my local grocery store, and for those items which are just a hassle to get myself, like drinks, cat litter, water, and heavy canned goods, as they are all brought to me to the door, so all I have to do is unpack them. Cool, isn’t it?
And yes, it is free – for members of Amazon Prime. There is however a mandatory tip to the driver, which is collected at the online ordering checkout. I think it is only fair that if I do not have to carry all that stuff to a car, and then into the house, that I should give someone a little extra for that service. Most of the time, I save more on the cheap prices of the groceries they bring me, so that I am even with the tip, still ahead of the game.
Here is a little video by CNBC, who tried out the 1-hour delivery option in Manhattan. Enjoy!
Amazon Prime Now also delivers in select cities directly from grocery stores, like Sprouts, or some of your favorite restaurants,
like Feast From The East.
This service is not available in all cities, so I have compiled a list for you to check out if you can try out Prime now, today:
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Las Vegas, Los Angeles & Orange County, Miami, Minneapolis & St. Paul, Nashville, New York City, Phoenix, Portland, Raleigh, Richmond,
Sacramento, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle & Eastside, and Virginia Beach.
In the following cities, Amazon Prime Now also delivers items from select grocery stores:
– New York City: Westside Market, Eataly, Gourmet Garage, Union Square Wine & Spirits, D’Agostinos, Vintage Grape Wine & Spirits, and Billy’s Bakery
– Portland: New Seasons Market, World Foods, Uwajimaya, and Cupcake Jones
– San Diego: Sprouts, Bristol Farms, Northgate Market, and Sprinkles Cupcakes
In the following cities, Amazon Prime also delivers from a list of restaurants:
– Austin: Boteco ATX, Chi’Lantro, Clay Pit, Michi Ramen, Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill, Southside Flying Pizza, Sugar Mama’s Bakeshop, Terry Black’s Barbecue, The Backspace and many more
– Baltimore: City Cafe,HomeSlyce, Indigma, Locust Point Steamers, Matsuri, Shiso Tavern, The Helmand, and many more
-Chicago: Big Star, Dove’s Luncheonette, Chicago Q, RPM Italian, RPM Steak, Balena, Big Bowl, Wildfire, Butcher & The Burger, M Burger, Beatrix, Tallboy Taco, Publican Quality Meats and many more
– Los Angeles: Umami Burger, Baby Blues BBQ, Wokcano, Hurry Curry of Tokyo, Feast from the East, John O’Groats, and many more
– Portland: Pok Pok, Sizzle Pie, Waffle Window, Luc Lac, Habibi, East India Co. Bar and Grill and many more
– San Diego: Carnitas’ Snack Shack, Dumpling Inn, Puesto, Rubicon Deli, T Deli, Tajima, Tandoori Hut and many more
– Seattle: Cactus, Wild Ginger, Skillet, Marination Station, Re:public, Café Yumm, Ten Mercer, Mamnoon and many more
Need your stuff even faster? You can pay extra (7.99 US$) for a 1-hour delivery!
How does Amazon Prime work?
You simply download the Amazon Prime Now App here, and sign into your Amazon Prime account. For those of you who do not have a Prime Account yet, you should really take advantage of the free 30-Day Trial offer. After signing up for the offer, you can instantly use Amazon Prime Now!
From the app you can scroll down to make your food or item selection,and you will be notified of the status of your delivery, and once the driver has left the warehouse, you can track him or her via the GPS, so you know exactly when to expect your goodies to arrive! How awesome is that!
I usually use the app at least twice a week and am always happy about the friendly faces that come to the door.